Kathmandu: A meeting of the chiefs of the Kathmandu Valley–Kathmandu, Lalitpur and Bhaktapur districts–has decided to extend the ongoing prohibitory orders with some relaxation.
The meeting held on Monday has decided to extend the prohibitory orders set to expire on Tuesday till July 5. Here are the activities the local administrations have allowed in the Kathmandu Valley from tomorrow:
- Private vehicles to be operated on an odd-even basis. Only four people are allowed to travel in cars, jeeps and vans.
- Public vehicles having the capacity of 25 seats or more will be allowed to resume their operation on an odd-even basis from 6 am to 7 pm.
- Departmental stores, shopping malls, sports-related shops, cosmetics, jewelry shops, electronic shops, automobile stores and mobile showrooms, hardware stores, among others to be allowed to operate from 11 am to 6 pm
- Vehicles carrying construction materials to be allowed to operate from 9 pm to 5 pm
- Banks and financial institutions are allowed to provide services by following health and safety protocols.
- Grocery stores and meat shops to remain open till 6 pm
- Restaurants are allowed to operate till 7 pm only for takeaway and home delivery services.