Kathmandu: On Thursday evening, local administrations in the Kathmandu Valley decided to enforce Covid-19 restrictions after an abrupt rise in the number of cases lately.
The decision comes a few hours after Nepal reported a record number of Covid-19 cases. According to the Health Ministry, Nepal saw 12,338 new Covid-19 cases on Thursday.
A meeting of local administrations in Kathmandu Valley–Kathmandu, Lalitpur, Bhaktapur districts–has decided to enforce restrictions to combat the spread of Covid-19 effective from Saturday.
Here are the decisions of the local administrations:
- Vehicles are allowed to ply the roads on an odd-even basis. Under the rule, vehicles with odd number plates are allowed to ply the roads on odd days, and vice versa.
- Gyms, cinemas must remain closed
- No physical classes in schools, colleges
- Must carry a digital or hard copy of vaccination card
- Not more than 20 persons at once in grocery stores, super markets, and other stores
- Must have vaccination card to get government services