Kathmandu: Nepali Congress leader Chandra Bhandari and his mother sustained burn injuries after a cooking gas cylinder caught fire and exploded at his house in Kathmandu.
They were rushed to a hospital following the accident. Both Bhandari and his mother are admitted to Kirtipur hospital.
Chandra Bhandari, according to reports, has sustained 25 percent burns while his mother is in critical condition.
‘Nepali Congress leader and Member of Parliament Chandra Bhandari and his 86-year-old mother have sustained severe burn injuries and are receiving treatments at Kirtipur Hospital’, Nepali Congress general secretary Bishwa Prakash Sharma tweeted after a visit of the hospital.