One dead, four taken ill due to wild mushroom consumption

NL Today

  • Read Time < 1

Damauli: A person died and four others were taken ill in Tanahu district after consuming wild mushroom.

According to the District Police Office, Tanahu, the deceased has been identified as Dronapati Gurung, 85, of Aanbukhairani rural municipality-6.

He fell severally ill after eating curry made of the toxic mushroom and thereafter succumbed to the illness, said DSP Deepak Kumar Raya.

Four others fallen sick after consuming poisonous mushroom are free from danger, police said. They were Dil Bahadur Gurung, 54, Madhu Gurung, 57, Rana Bahadur Gurung, 92, and Pamphi Gurung, 58, added police. 

They had consumed the wild mushroom found in the nearby forest on June 15. (RSS)