Three die, 16 fall sick after eating wild mushroom

NL Today

  • Read Time < 1

Manahari: Three people have died and 16 other have fallen ill within a week after consuming wild mushroom curry in Makwanpur.

The deceased are Dipesh Lama, the four-year-old son of Binod Lama, a resident of, Kailash Rural Municipality, Nirumaya Rumba, 25, of the same locality, and Bal Bahadur, 55, of Raksirang Rural Municipality 7, said Deputy Superintendent of Police and Spokesperson of District Police Office, Makwanpur. Lakshmi Bhandari.

Eight others have returned home after treatment Bharatpur hospital Chitwan and eight more undergoing treatment.

With the onset of rain, mushrooms spout out in the forest and people collect them for making curry. However, some prove to be poisonous, leading to deaths of many people every year.

Meanwhile, the police have urged people to be vigilant and avoiding eating wild mushroom.(RSS)